Title: GNOME Project Mallard online
Student: Sergio Infante Montero
Abstract: System online to create, edit, review Mallard Syntax document for GNOME Documentation Project
- What is the ultimate goal of your proposal? : System online to write,edit and review documentation for GNOME Project
- What components/modules will it touch/change or create? ProjectMallard, Yelp, GIT
- What benefits does it have for GNOME and its community? : More people involved on generate of Documentation using Mallard
- Why you’d like to complete this particular project? I want to contribute with GNOME, especially on Documentation Project and be part of GNOME Foundation
- How do you plan to achieve completion of your project?
- Use an agile development software methodology
- Generate all basic Web Interface with HTML, CSS and Python. Hosting project on gitorious – May 31 Deadline
- Generation of Mallard Syntax document with Python- Jun 28 Deadline
- Editing Mallard documents with web interface- Jul 12 Deadline
- Integration with GIT using Python- Ago 9 Deadline
- System complete and debugged – Ago 16 Deadline
- What will be showable at mid-term ? : Generation of Mallard files, edit, review, and creation online.
- Why do you think you are be the best person to work on this project?: I was working with Mallard on last months, understand it, write some documentation for postr (app for flickr on GNOME), giving speechs of Mallard, and developing a web application to generate .page files
- What are your past experiences (if any) with the open source world?: I’m a member of OpenOffice.org Project, as a translator, documentator and managing the Spanish web site of oooauthors.org, patchs and bug triagging too. With GNOME, I participated on Bug Team Squad, on bug triagging, and adding some code on Postr application, and now with ProjectMallard.
- Why are you interested in improving GNOME? I really like the project, GNOME 3 will be awesome and I want to contribute with the future, i like the people around it, the friendship, the way how it develop software, and I have good friends that they are part of GNOME Foundation and I want to colaborate with them.
- Please attach a link to a bug (bugzilla.gnome.org or other Free Software tracker) containing a patch you’ve written: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=562160
 All students are invited to attend GUADEC and present theirproject there, which is right after the midterm evaluation deadline.